Ride Experience and Overview
An all-new entry plaza will welcome adventurers with coastal theming and an open vantage point of the ride’s first descent into Speelunker Cave. Once aboard their six-passenger boat, riders will experience 17 brand-new scenes that combine state-of-the-art cinematic projection with immersive sets and animatronics.
Pirates of Speelunker Cave is a re-imagining of one of the park’s first attractions, The Cave, that operated from 1964 until 1991 and replaces the current version of the attraction—Yosemite Sam and the Gold River Adventure. The Cave featured original characters called Speelunkers that were created exclusively for Six Flags Over Texas.
Pirates of Speelunker Cave features:
- State-of-the-art cinematic projection with immersive sets;
- Elaborately-themed entry portal and queue design to set an adventurous tone as soon as guests approach the ride, including a custom soundtrack, nautical artifacts and “wanted” posters of pirates riders will encounter inside the attraction;
- A total of 64 Speelunker characters throughout the ride – a historical nod to The Cave’s original opening in 1964;
- 26 six-passenger boats that will take riders on a six-minute ride; and
- No height requirement (with an accompanying adult), allowing entire families to experience the ride together.