Tips For Family Fun
Over the years, we've learned a thing or two about making the most of a day at Hurricane Harbor Chicago. The tips below will help make sure you have a fun and memorable experience.
- Before the day of your visit, call our park information hotline at (847) 249-1776 to hear about current discounts, special events, and more.
- Check the website prior to visiting on days when weather may be a concern, we post the most updated hours here.
- Visit when attendance is lightest—you’ll spend less time waiting to get on your favorite rides. Best bets are weekdays during the summer.
- Sunscreen is recommended, even if it's cloudy, and can be purchased at our merchandise shop, Hurricane Hank's.
- Bring a jacket or sweatshirt for cool mornings and evenings. Store it in the lockers near the changing rooms behind Saltwater Sal's.
- Arrange a meeting place and time, just in case your party becomes separated.
- Plan to start your day at attractions farthest from the main entrance. Also, ride your favorite rides when the park first opens—that’s when they will be less crowded.
- To save time, eat at non-traditional lunch and dinner hours.
- Review the park map to familiarize yourself with the park’s layout and help plan your day.
- Make sure children feel comfortable with a ride before they board.
- Hurricane Harbor Chicago is a smoke-free facility and smoking is only allowed in designated areas. There are two smoking areas: near Treasure Chest across from Skull Island, and near Five o' Clock Phil's across from Riptide Bay.
- Secure your own relaxation space by renting a cabana for the day! Purchase in advance to ensure your spot here.